Reduce Reuse Recycle – joy of learning
SIS is part of a project that includes seven schools in Europe from north to south and from east to west Sweden, Poland, Rumania, Czech Republic, France, Spain and Turkey. The project is supported by Erasmus+. The theme of the project is the use of resources. How we actually can reduce our 'throwaway' mentality! How we can open our eyes to the fact that we borrow from our next generation by making use of more than we give back of our natural environment. A bleak subject, it may seem. But it's never too late to give up - so why do it now? So what is likely for us involved to actually implement in everyday life of school - You are in charge owning your development through a creative project within enrichment. It is based on the desire to do. Wanting to change! and the feeling that it makes a difference! Some of the students in the enrichment group will go on a field trip to Rumania in November and some might go to Check Republic next year. Below are the units of work you can chose to work with.
- create ’green’ tour guides
- plant a tree - a day against deforestation - small actions can make a big impact
- forest day celebration or other themes for celebration
- project to make a school garden or adopt a park
- organize an environmental day for others teens (series of workshops) to discuss local environmental issues
- organize competition of poetry about project theme
- create a shopping bag out of wasted material.